The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Found an AC up the street from me

Go down 
+2
Motomow
wvbuzzmaster
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Found an AC up the street from me Empty
PostSubject: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:48 pm

This past week an AC tractor showed up down the road from me that looks like this one: http://fordfan_79.tripod.com/acproject.html
Just imagine it with a moldboard plow on back, no mower, and hubcaps, the condition is very similar. I am trying to ge in touch with the owner but he hasn't been home when I've gone up there. Larry, any thoughts on value or ruggedness?
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:43 am

a few more people do know about those buzz in here but you pinned down larry so he can answer you .lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:49 am

I know several people know about different machines, I just pinned Larry cause this is a mini version of his AC, and he did a nice job on his.

If you want to give it a shot feel free. Even if you're wrong we won't know, cause we dont know what youve owned over the years. You like to just show up with an "I had one of them" posts. lol!

It's all good though, I personally like knowing there are a few things you haven't owned yet. lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 1:44 am

Its hard to put a price on something that I can't see don't know if it runs... Like KW said lots of people have tractors like that they are made by simplicity they are tough little tractors.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 1:54 am

HMMMM, for an opinionated group here I got nothing to go by as far as valuing it other than my instinct. I was kinda looking for an "if it runs this price range", "if it don't run this price range". Somehow I didnt get that...
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 10:07 am

there is one by me, I saw the other day for $200 it does not run. Dont know much about them though. I would own one but then agan there isnt much that I wouldnt own.

I have to shift my focus from tractors to travel trailers for the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 2:00 pm

Me to ohmar I have to get mine ready for vacation in july should be pretty easy though as it was winterized good and my wife cleaned it well before winter

camper" border="0" alt=""/>

Last edited by tracktor312 on Sun 14 Jun 2009, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 9:44 pm

The story on the AC is it had been sitting in the weeds a while and they dragged it out and fixed it to use, that means not for sale.. oh well..
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 12:29 am

If I remember right larry's AC buzz doesnt really mean much his is a bigger model so they are totally different his yeoman would actually be closer but it's not the same either that tractor is the same thing as my 717 the only difference being the hood and front are different.Same drive train same rearend same setup.They are strong machines for their size.When you want a opinionated opinion from a opinionated group then you should ask the group and not single out one opinion thats my opinion LOL.I gave $150 for the 717 allis's always go higher if it runs good $200 is fair.Oh yea i'm sure I spelled opinionated wrong a bunch of times LOL KW
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 1:18 am

Ken, I don't know much about other brands, I just like picking on people with certain brands, hmm, JD stands out in my head when I say that. lol!

I dunno some days what I think, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't want others' opinions, just picking on certain friends if that makes sense. Not saying everyone here isn't my friend, just picking on ones with certain brands.

But I probably wont buy the AC since I think it belongs to the crowd of folks down the street that we don't really care for.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

Just giving ya a hard time buzz,definitly didn't mean anything.Honest my opinion on the smaller models of allis/simplicity is they are pretty much perfect for cutting grass but anything else I would use a bigger model,they really are kinda small.They definitly are a little workhorse but I leave them to cut grass,shoot man you can get a bigger model for not much more money.The wheel horse I got from rollerdude was only $230 and i'm telling ya it really is a stout ride. KW
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 3:22 pm

My problem is I have tractors with 12 inch wheels and something I think looks really cool is an old GT with 8 inch wheels out back that have lugs mounted on them. I think those just look awesome and I am looking to find one. If I have to I will make one. lol!
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 11:04 am

tracktor312 wrote:
Me to ohmar I have to get mine ready for vacation in july should be pretty easy though as it was winterized good and my wife cleaned it well before winter

camper" border="0" alt=""/>

dang that looks nice. sure that chevy can pull it LoL just kidding, well we were on our way to go look a 1997 camper to put in a permanent spot at the campground when the campground owners called and basically said that they sold our site out from under us even though we had put down our deposit. Talk about pi$$ed. Its not that nice of place anyway, kind of a hole in the wall but we ahave quite a few friends there that arent part of the owners "CLICK" if you know what I mean. I wish there was a place to write areview on them. she (the owners wife) thinks her stuff dont stink.
http://lankel.homestead.com/
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 12:08 pm

real nice camper you got 312.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 1:41 pm

cool now after screwing us out of our permanent spot they say all of the overnight slots are filled for 4th of July weekend. They must have a grudge against fat guys, that and the WITCH, I mean owner did not like it that my wife was getting more attention than her.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 1:43 pm

sorry about changing the thread, I justing venting cause I really like taking my family camping. Its the one time I truly get away from work.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 2:38 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
sorry about changing the thread, I justing venting cause I really like taking my family camping. Its the one time I truly get away from work.

Dont worry its just fun to shoot the bull bout anything
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 2:55 pm

Thanks I like it we do camp alot to ohmar maybe your friends should all pull out of there to have a wild bash and all leave the next day and tell them why. And the chevy does manage to pull it I was thinking of getting a ford to pull behind also but it would lower the property value to much lol! my wife said no junk in the yard so fords are out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:08 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Thanks I like it we do camp alot to ohmar maybe your friends should all pull out of there to have a wild bash and all leave the next day and tell them why. And the chevy does manage to pull it I was thinking of getting a ford to pull behind also but it would lower the property value to much lol! my wife said no junk in the yard so fords are out Very Happy

we got alot of junk the dads truck moms car and my sisters BMW. rest are Chevy tho:)
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:52 am

tracktor312 wrote:
Thats funny, sickem Johny

I have a brute ford, but I think if I were going new and had the money, I might try the duramax. Yes Johnny that is the correct spelling. for the most part I like older Chevys

BTW, now we are going here for the 4th, very nice.
http://www.pinelakesresort.com/
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 12:41 pm

Hes got it right he said they have lots of junk then the chevys cheers smart kid... PS the campground looks nice. heres where we are going

http://www.crownpointcampground.com/
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 1:05 pm

Chevrolet Country here on a quiet day you can hear a ford rust
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 1:13 pm

Thats pretty nice- looks kid oriented. I was always under the impession that everything cost about 5 times as much over there.

here is the one we are going to this weekend for fathers day.
http://www.crazyhorsecamp.com/
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 1:18 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
Thats pretty nice- looks kid oriented. I was always under the impession that everything cost about 5 times as much over there. Your camper looks like it has the bunks, thats what we need, bunks prefer it sleep about 7-8 and a tub (not just a stand up shower) I will hold out for a good deal.

here is the one we are going to this weekend for fathers day.
http://www.crazyhorsecamp.com/
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 1:19 pm

why did that do that above instead of just editing, duuuuuh. Brain fart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found an AC up the street from me   Found an AC up the street from me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found an AC up the street from me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next