The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

What's the best way to fix this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

What's the best way to fix this? Empty
PostSubject: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:36 pm

I had the Moto-Mower I bought off ebay out today. Its the first time its been running in about a month, and of course it wouldn't start, but a little ether fixed that and it was up and running in no time. This tractor is in nice original shape and doesn't need much other than some TLC. One of the things I noticed wrong with it after I brought it home was one of the bolts was missing where the frame bolts to the transaxle. I had some extra bolts laying around but couldn't get the stock size to fit so I pulled the wheel off today to see what the problem was. First thing was to tighten the upper bolt on that side to line the frame up properly. Upon closer examination of the area with the missing bolt I can see that the bolt is broken off inside there. So my question is, what is the best way to remove a broken bolt? The thing that really bothers me about this is its near the very bottom of the transaxle and I can see a small amount of oil seeping out around it. Here's a couple pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

What's the best way to fix this? IMG_1526

Notice I bought a seat cushion for the old pan style seat.

What's the best way to fix this? IMG_1527

Here you can see where the lower frame bolt needs to be. That is where it snapped off at some point. The upper bolt was loose causing poor alignment between the frame and transaxle. Notice the nice original paint on the frame.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 11:48 pm

Best way in my opinion, is to pull the axle, axle housing and drill it out. You say there is oil seeping out, so it goes right through into the rear end cavity......Maybe, when you pull the axle housing, there may be enough threads inside the rear end housing to turn the broken part inward to get it out.......
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:47 am

yep has to be drilled and use a easy out on it,you 'll have to be careful and not drill out the threads or you 'll have to retap it to.That bolt was the worst one that could have broken evan,it sucks,,,,,,,,KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 2:12 am

Thanks guys...I was just looking for a little input before I tackle this project. I figured it would involve something like that.
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 9:03 am

Ken....Does that bolt go right through?
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 12:24 am

poncho62 wrote:

I just had my other tranny torn apart today, and yes that bolt does go clear through into the inside of the tranny.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 12:37 am

poncho62 wrote:

I never split the rearend on mine poncho but it has to.As soon as I took out the bolts that evan's showing I started loosing rearend grease.KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 3:55 pm

Get yourself a left hand drill bit close to teh size of the hole and start drillin. It should come out that way.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 9:31 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
Get yourself a left hand drill bit close to teh size of the hole and start drillin. It should come out that way.

Ok..thanks for the idea Johnny.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

yep I have to agree with johnny on this one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best way to fix this?   What's the best way to fix this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the best way to fix this?
Page 1 of 1