The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

do any of you have other hobbies

Go down 
+10
jusjeepn
poncho62
AzTrooper
Suburban 550
ohmar99
HorseFixer
johnboggs21
Motomow
Rollerman
tracktor312
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

do any of you have other hobbies Empty
PostSubject: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2009, 11:01 pm

I like to build cars got some vettes and did a bunch of model As, golf carts , right now I am doing a 1924 star roadster. I've got some pics of some nice stuff that I did recently if anyone is interested in them let me know. or do we just stay with tractors here??
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 12:17 am

Nope just garden tractors.......just kidding.
In the warm months my family & I enjoy boating.
Enjoy doing the ATV thing with my teenage son & friends.
Currently I'm without an ATV Sad ...traded my last one off last summer but hope to pick up another one maybe this year if the overtime allows it.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 1:54 am

tracktor312 wrote:
I like to build cars got some vettes and did a bunch of model As, golf carts , right now I am doing a 1924 star roadster. I've got some pics of some nice stuff that I did recently if anyone is interested in them let me know. or do we just stay with tractors here??

We can talk about anything you guys like but if we could we need to kinda keep it tractor related for pictures because of space.I've been reading up on this forum and it's looking like we got 10mb. for pics it won't take long to fill it up.A pic or 2 is fine but you know like a bunch and we could start seeing trouble.Remember you guys can post your pics on motonmow.com i've got plenty of space over there but here it's a little limited i'm afraid until we get going a bit.As people come in and it's gets bigger i'll try to keep up with it,,,,KW Ken Motomow
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 7:15 am

i like tractors, trucks, anything with wheels and an engine basically lol!
Startin to get into these windmills lol
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 11:06 am

Motomow wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

We can talk about anything you guys like but if we could we need to kinda keep it tractor related for pictures because of space.I've been reading up on this forum and it's looking like we got 10mb. for pics it won't take long to fill it up.A pic or 2 is fine but you know like a bunch and we could start seeing trouble.Remember you guys can post your pics on motonmow.com i've got plenty of space over there but here it's a little limited i'm afraid until we get going a bit.As people come in and it's gets bigger i'll try to keep up with it,,,,KW Ken Motomow

I did want to add to my first email about the pictures.If you post pictures hosting your photobucket account or any other picture account that will not affect us here in the least.I 'm sure most of you know that already.If you use the forum's host picture tab is when it will use space but we won't worry about it,when it gets used up we will just look into it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HorseFixer

HorseFixer

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 11:42 am

I like hunting and fishing & camping have been doing alot of Camping this last summer and that was taking me away from finishing the Horse Stable and Restorations of any of my Tractors. Now that the Stable is about finished I will get with the Restoration of the 701. Mid summer I will get back to camping but the way I figgure I need to get my chores done! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolverine-synthetics.com
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 3:36 pm

I am with horsefixer, I do like wheelhorses but I dont like real horses. Hunting fishing and camping.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 5:55 pm

exactly 27 more days till I find my first morel mushroom. I would put money on it. Earliest ever for me was the 27th. my fathers earliest was on april 1st. I always to take my .22 to run off the mushroom theives. Once my family and friend get their fill I start giving them to the mushrrom snatchers just to keep them from finding my spots.
Back to top Go down
Suburban 550

Suburban 550

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2009, 9:41 pm

Beside restoring Wheel Horse tractors I enjoy camping and ATV riding. Wife and I have a seasonal campsite at Splash Majic Campground (riverandfun.com) and spend all of our weekends there. Here are a few pics of our summer getaway including our dogs and golf cart, with lift kit and new set of tire and wheels.
do any of you have other hobbies 2-8-200953542PM
do any of you have other hobbies 2-8-200953349PM
do any of you have other hobbies 2-8-200953728PM
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2009, 11:17 pm

[img]https://motomow.forumotion.com/do any of you have other hobbies Cart_d10[/img]Nice cart suburban 550 I just built one last summer for something different
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2009, 3:02 pm

[quote="Suburban 550"]Beside restoring Wheel Horse tractors I enjoy camping and ATV riding. Wife and I have a seasonal campsite at Splash Majic Campground (riverandfun.com) and spend all of our weekends there. Here are a few pics of our summer getaway including our dogs and golf cart, with lift kit and new set of tire and wheels.

I like , right up my alley, do any fishing while your there.
Back to top Go down
Suburban 550

Suburban 550

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeFri 06 Mar 2009, 9:08 pm

ohmar99, We fish the river and the lake there. In the river, it is pot luck there. You never know what you'll catch. In the lake, a few years ago they stocked it with northern pike and I think they ate all the other fish.
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 7:29 pm

Suburban 550 wrote:
ohmar99, We fish the river and the lake there. In the river, it is pot luck there. You never know what you'll catch. In the lake, a few years ago they stocked it with northern pike and I think they ate all the other fish.
well thats not good
Back to top Go down
AzTrooper

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009, 2:28 am

Well I used to race motocross but my last get off left me with 5 broken vertibrae and messed up disks so I can do that anymore Crying or Very sad , but in addition to my Wheel Horses, I also love shooting and I collect GI M1 carbines. I also have a horse of the 4 leg type....... a 10 yr old gelding and yes hes Red, in fact thats his name. No I didnt name him Very Happy He was named that when I got him around 2001.I was told that it is bad luck to rename a horse,and after breaking my back, I figured I needed all the help I can get so he's Red. Yup... even with my back I still ride him (carefully).Hes a good horse and in 7+ years hes never spooked or done anything to hurt me . Hes a wonderfull horse.One things for sure.... I just defineately dont trot with him, man,that would kill me!!!!!
John
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009, 8:13 am

Quote :
in addition to my Wheel Horses, I also love shooting and I collect GI M1 carbines. I also have a horse of the 4 leg type.
John I never raced MX but did do some hill climbing back in the day.
Used to have a few bikes..last one was a TT600 Yamaha thumper...boy that makes me old.
The MI Carbines a very cool too...those are the 30 caliber type correct, The MI Garandes are 30.06 right.
Good to hear you have a pair of smooth rideing horses...even if one draws flys.lol!
Back to top Go down
AzTrooper

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 2:22 am

Ahhhh,I remember the TT 500 well! I had a Pro Fab frame with a TT 500 engine it it that I raced for a bit. I did a little supercross in 1994 in the 250 class Anaheim and Las Vegas due to my increasing age Rolling Eyes and how sick the track were getting,and my tendency toward self preservation lol.... I started racing vintage MX and I had a blast. We were all friends and no one tried to hurt eachother.To be vintage legal the bike has to have been built no later than 1974. I had about as much or more fun building and restoring my race bikes and I did racing them. I raced Yamaha MX 250 and a MX 360 in the open class and in the 125 class I rode a 1974 CR 125, I raced all 3 classes plus the 30+ class (now Im 45) making a total of 8 motos at each event.Man I miss it Crying or Very sad
Since I cant race bikes anymore, Im going to put my energy into restoring my Wheel Horses. I seems a lot safer! However I did notice that I can do small wheelies (very small) on them hehehehe.
Sorry about my babbling.
John
Rollerman wrote:
Quote :
in addition to my Wheel Horses, I also love shooting and I collect GI M1 carbines. I also have a horse of the 4 leg type.
John I never raced MX but did do some hill climbing back in the day.
Used to have a few bikes..last one was a TT600 Yamaha thumper...boy that makes me old.
The MI Carbines a very cool too...those are the 30 caliber type correct, The MI Garandes are 30.06 right.
Good to hear you have a pair of smooth rideing horses...even if one draws flys.lol!
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 9:03 am

(Sorry about my babbling.) You may call it babbling I see it as a way to get to know each other and their interests. so babble on...
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009, 10:28 am

I agree bbabble on.

Also I like working 24 /7 or so it seems when its nice out
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 10:23 am

I have an old truck I mess with...Sold the convertible last year....needed the money......got into the tractors then...its cheaper.

do any of you have other hobbies 5162
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 11:28 am

do any of you have other hobbies Antiqu10 Nice truck what year 48-49?? I do alot of old cars and trucks.
Back to top Go down
jusjeepn

jusjeepn

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2009, 10:29 am

WoW!!! You guys have got some cool hobbies! I used to be an ASE certified mechanic for a Dodge dealer and got sick of it (computerized junk)! I don't even like to change my own oil now! But if I can work on a 12hp Kohler I'm in heaven! I closed my small engine repair business down 3 years ago when I took a job as a lineman for Indiana/Michigan Power. I kinda miss doing that but don't have the time to keep everyone happy! Now my hobbies are my family (1 wife, 7 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats), my job (love working with power), and my horse's (the kind that don't draw flies). Don't have time for much else!
Back to top Go down
jdandy

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 9:02 pm

I am into ham radio , my wife and i got into ham radio back in 1977 and just recently my 12 year old grandson got into ham radio with his tech ticket . we are taking him on the 4th of april to up grade to general , he has really been studying , we also do country music , we are into guitars , my wife sings and plays in a band weekly , we do only old country music, none of the new so called country music ,other than that we are in great mushroom country and can hardly wait for this darn white stuff to get outa here and warm up and get some nice warm rains and we will be out there looking Dave jdandy
Back to top Go down
http://danda01@charter.net
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 9:52 pm

Welcome to the forum jdandy!!

You a fan of bluegrass music by any chance?
Back to top Go down
jdandy

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 7:51 am

Yep Johnny some bluegrass is ok but its not on the favorites list here Dave
Back to top Go down
http://danda01@charter.net
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 10:36 pm

jdandy wrote:
I am into ham radio , my wife and i got into ham radio back in 1977 and just recently my 12 year old grandson got into ham radio with his tech ticket . we are taking him on the 4th of april to up grade to general , he has really been studying , we also do country music , we are into guitars , my wife sings and plays in a band weekly , we do only old country music, none of the new so called country music ,other than that we are in great mushroom country and can hardly wait for this darn white stuff to get outa here and warm up and get some nice warm rains and we will be out there looking Dave jdandy

Hey jdandy nice to see ya join us buddy Smile My mom and dad played music my whole life they were really a good singing couple,I grew up around it and started playing guitar at the age of 10,that was our thing playing music every saturday night,all the old country stuff george jones,buck owens all that.I went on to playing lead guitar in lots of rock bands played country music in bars at the age of 16 (no kidden).Haven't done anything like that in a long time now definitly miss it.I've got a pic somewhere of the band I was in we made the papers actually got pretty popular in the hometown place ,i'll have to dig it out to show you guys I was a rock star at one time lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do any of you have other hobbies   do any of you have other hobbies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do any of you have other hobbies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: