The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Tire question for Stephen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Tire question for Stephen Empty
PostSubject: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 4:44 pm

Hey Stephen,

I read somewhere that you bought some Duro ag tires a while back and have a couple other brands of ag tires on your tractors. I was looking at the 23x8.50-12 Duro ag tires that "gregthree" is selling on ebay for $86 a pair and was wondering if you had any comparison pictures of these Duros up against comparable ag tires.

Thanks,
Casey
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 7:38 pm

Casey I do have a set in 23x10.50x12.
I also have Goodyear & Carlisle ags in the same size.
The Duro's seem a bit softer...thats good & bad.
The good...they get great traction & are able to conform to the ground.
The bad....probably won't last as long as the Goodyears I have that seem to be a much harder compound.
$86 for a pair doesn't sound to bad....I bought mine at the Portland,IN tractor show off a vender for a bargain price...but you can often haggle at a show or swap meet.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 8:53 pm

Well Stephen, the traction part sounds great, and as much as I use my tractors those tires will probably last forever, especially since I will tube them. I know, I get hassled about spending a couple extra bucks on a tube for a tubeless tire when I don't really need one. My feeling is it beats having to tube them later, and it's one more layer before a flat tire. Anyways, thanks for the input on the tires Stephen, that was kinda what I was looking for. Do you have any pictures of your Duros mounted? If I ever find another pair of 12x7 GT rims I will get a pair of those Duros.
Back to top Go down
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 9:50 pm

Casey I'm loseing my sunlight here now.
If the weather holds up tommorrow I'll get the tractor out of the shed with them on it & get some pics.
I like them enough to buy another set...I like them more than the Carlisles.
The Firestone 23 degree ags are my favorite...but hard to find & Firestone only makes them in limited runs.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:07 pm

That's fine Stephen.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:28 am

Rollerman wrote:
Casey I'm loseing my sunlight here now.
If the weather holds up tommorrow I'll get the tractor out of the shed with them on it & get some pics.
I like them enough to buy another set...I like them more than the Carlisles.
The Firestone 23 degree ags are my favorite...but hard to find & Firestone only makes them in limited runs.

Hey rollerdude i've had everyone in the neighborhood trying to buy that old wheelhorse I got from you,I really like the old girl.Love the huge steering wheel never seen one quite that big,reminds me of a old farm truck lol....KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Rollerman

Rollerman

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 7:53 pm

KW that large steering wheel was unique to the 66/67 model long frame Wheel Horses.
You know I'm already kicking myself in the but for selling you that one.
I'm glad you had an interest in it though & hope to see you give it that speacial KW touch.

Oh & Casey...raining pretty good here...tire pics tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 8:05 pm

Don't worry about it Stephen, no big hurry on the pics so tomorrow will be alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire question for Stephen   Tire question for Stephen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire question for Stephen
Page 1 of 1