The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Bantam Briggs tear down

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kent
Regular Poster
kent

Bantam Briggs tear down Empty
PostSubject: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

I started taking apart the Briggs today. I have the sand blasted there are 3 cracks that a friend it going to TIG weld for me.
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4310
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4311
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4312
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4313
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

I'm thanking about powder coating the covers.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm

What color on the PC? It'll look good anyway. I love powder coat.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm

looks like a great project keep the pics coming
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 10:36 am

I am going to do it as close to the way it came from the factory as I can. I really want to do my own thing with it but since it is so rare I'm trying to avoid the temptation. On my panzer, I am making a repleca of the panzer we had in my shop when I was in the Air Force at Pease AFB New Hampshire, We used it to drag equipment around the shop. It will be OD green and the same stencles. I will start on that one as soon as i make room in my shop. Probably in a week or 2.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

Love watching the projects. I just emailed awesome henry about the fiberglass tractor kit for mowers. Gettin pretty excited about that. It's for the craftsman.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 7:45 pm

kent wrote:
I am going to do it as close to the way it came from the factory as I can. I really want to do my own thing with it but since it is so rare I'm trying to avoid the temptation. On my panzer, I am making a repleca of the panzer we had in my shop when I was in the Air Force at Pease AFB New Hampshire, We used it to drag equipment around the shop. It will be OD green and the same stencles. I will start on that one as soon as i make room in my shop. Probably in a week or 2.

Pease is about 1/2 hour from my front door!!
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

We loverd it in New Hampshire. We have talked about moving back up there. Papaw, Tell me more about your fiberglass kit. I have never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

My wife works 3rd shift. So I snuck the motor into my living room while she is sleeping to finish tearing down. I should have it cleaned up and back out of the house befor she wakes up. If you don't see any more post from me that meens she woke up and killed me.
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4314
[right]
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4315
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4316
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4317
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4318
Bantam Briggs tear down Dscf4319
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

Just got back from the place I order parts. It's going to be a little pricy to rebuild. I need to take it to a machine shop first and see if they need to do anything to the crank and if it will need bored out. I'm guessing I will have $500.00 to $600.00 in the restoration between the motor and tractor.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

Kent, I haven't heard back from them yet. Check out awsomehenry.com. They make adapters for V8 ford tractors. Pretty neat stuff. I see you got the motor out before she woke up. My wife's on 3rd shift this week. She works swing shift. I did too for 31 years. Never did get used to it. I have found out since I retired I tend to live life by her schedule. That's good tho. That way I get to be with her more. She is my world. We will be married 25 years in Jan. Looking forward to another 25. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011, 8:30 am

Next time you're in Gtown, get hold of me and I'll come visit. Maybe pick a little with ya.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

We wil be married 25 years this August also. I will get ahold of you when we are down there.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011, 11:42 am

That kit is neet. Do you know how much it is? I couldn't find a price.
Bantam Briggs tear down 7mimi10
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011, 1:42 pm

That's what I'm waiting for. I may call them next week if I don'thear back soon. I just thought it was neat and would match my tractor. If it's rediculously priced, I won't fool with it. Happy New Year by the way.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011, 3:50 pm

The place that has them is only 6 miles north east of Sidney OHIO.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

Is that close to you? We may have to visit if it is.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

I thank they are about 40 minutes away. My wife works at the Sidney hospital sometimes and it takes her 40 minutes to get there.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm

Kent, I called them today for a price and it's 625.00. For that you get the hood, fenders, radiator cap, decals for everything and 12V headlights. Doesn't sound too unreasonable I guess. I'll have to think about it tho. He said it should be 625.00 but due to a farm show misprint he would sell it for 625.00. He seemed really nice over the phone. Oh, I googled awesome henry and found a couple with the kit installed. They look pretty neat. Just thought I'd share the info.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 2:26 pm

Should read "He said it should be 650.00...
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 7:40 pm

Also comes with the front bumper.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 8:47 pm

I might be interested in buying one also. I would probably get some rims that are taller and skinnier front and back Then get some tracker tread tires to make it look more authentic.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

gofastgarage.com. There's one on there that's been done. It really gives ya the ich. Don said you may have to do a little trimming to get the perfect fit. I want one. I like the idea of the tires.
Back to top Go down
kent
Regular Poster
kent

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 9:31 pm

they did a nice job on that one.
Back to top Go down
Papaw
Regular Poster
Papaw

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

Yes they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bantam Briggs tear down   Bantam Briggs tear down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bantam Briggs tear down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next