The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Share | 

generator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gtractor
Regular Poster

PostSubject: generator   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 8:30 pm

FIL was given about a dozen electric motors for scrap and he axe if I wanted any of them as they were all supposed to be good. The PO was tired of stepping over them and wanted them gone. I walked over to the back of his pickup and told him I wasn't interested in any of the motors but definately wanted the generator! I been looking for one o these for a long time to make a display for tractor shows. I have an old electric Sears chainsaw that I got from the city dump 5/7 years ago and am going to paint the red part blue to match the Sears tractor and mount this generator on the front of the tractor to run the saw. This generator is actually a Monkey Wards but thats close enough for me. I don't know who made them for Sears but I figure they were all made by the same company. I hooked it up today and it runs the saw fine without load and I don't figure on using it anyhow. I didn't check the 220 side for power but I bet it works too. I'll include a link to a pic of the Sears generator.

http://www.vintagesearsgardentractors.com/70_generator_4000_watts.jpg

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: generator   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:37 am

I still want that sickle bar!!!
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: generator   Thu 18 Nov 2010, 12:59 pm

They aren't worth a hoot if you are figuring on useing them. This one has shaken itself apart or bent something virtually every time I have used it. I made a new pitman assembly from scratch and it is double the strength as the original. It now will mow without self destructing, but dang its slow. I actually cut a sappling after the beef-up that was two inches across, but I slipped the clutch and eased into it. I read where everyone runs them at high throttle is why they shake apart but I have always used it just above idle. It does a decent job of mowing, and in ideal situations is a blast to operate, but over the years I have worked on it more than I used it. Sad
Back to top Go down
stevec

PostSubject: Re: generator   Sun 02 Jan 2011, 5:23 pm

Gtractor wrote:
They aren't worth a hoot if you are figuring on useing them. This one has shaken itself apart or bent something virtually every time I have used it. I made a new pitman assembly from scratch and it is double the strength as the original. It now will mow without self destructing, but dang its slow. I actually cut a sappling after the beef-up that was two inches across, but I slipped the clutch and eased into it. I read where everyone runs them at high throttle is why they shake apart but I have always used it just above idle. It does a decent job of mowing, and in ideal situations is a blast to operate, but over the years I have worked on it more than I used it. Sad

Gt, i found the problem to be too much rpm's. quite a while ago i found they work alot better running them at about 1000rpm's lower than max. it'll stop it from rattling itself apart. can't help you on the bending part, maybe lift it up instead of trying to chop rocks and tree stumps lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: generator   

Back to top Go down

generator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1