The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Motor Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
osenga

osenga

Motor Question Empty
PostSubject: Motor Question   Motor Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 9:29 pm

I have a 1959 B/S model 19 I had a blown head gasket got me a new sanded head to check for low spots and it is flat . put the new one on and now it seems to have a ticking sound up by the head ! what would this be and it is very faint but i can hear it when up by the motor but when on the seat you cant hear it then. And then i cont seem to get the carb adjusted out to get the full throttle but what I can get it sounds smooth and strong for a 7hp
Back to top Go down

Motor Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Question   Motor Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 10:06 pm

Sounds like the head gasket could still be leaking to me or it could be leaking around a head bolt.
Mix up some soapy water, start the engine and spray it down real good and look for the bubbles before it heats up. Also, is the new gasket as thick as the old one? could be a valve hitting the head. That might explain why you can't get it to run right at full throttle. Thats my two cents. Motor Question Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Motor Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Question   Motor Question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 12:22 am

Maybe the valves are set too loose?
Back to top Go down

Motor Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Question   Motor Question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 9:48 pm

It could be the B-Bs I dropped in the spark plug hole when you werent lookin... Motor Question Icon_lol Motor Question Affraid Motor Question Fresse
My rule of thumb is put thicker oil in it till it stops knockin lol. The cub has moved up to 20w50 Motor Question Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motor Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Question   Motor Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motor Question
Page 1 of 1