The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Empty
PostSubject: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 6:46 pm

A man I kind of know through my part time job told me several months ago about a old sears he had in the shed.
He said his boy told him he was mowing with it and the engine locked up. Well, I finally went and got it today. I guess it was clean out the shed time. He gave me the sears, 3 extra rear tires and wheels for it, set of wheel weights and a new pressure washer with a 6 1/2 hp briggs that needs a pump. He also told me he has all the original papers and manuals for the sears and would dig them out for me. I got it home, dumped some gas in it and hooked up the jumper cables and it runs smooth as hell, sounds good and no noises. all it needs is a seat. it's in good enough shap I'm goin to leave it the way it is. It must have set long enough it fixed it's self. It's got the 16 hp onan twin, 3 speed tranny with high low.

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Tracto92

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Tracto93
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 7:56 pm

Some people have all the luck........Good looking rig.....any deck with it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 10:33 pm

poncho62 wrote:
Some people have all the luck........Good looking rig.....any deck with it?

Your telling me...lol I must be living right. Got the deck in the back of the truck. It's not as good a shape as the tractor, but it will work.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm

Nice tractor I use my old sears tractors all the time especially the 66 with the grader blade
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

JD, how do you sleep at night??? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 11:22 pm

Gtractor wrote:
JD, how do you sleep at night??? Shocked

With both eyes open and a gun in my hand just like you. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Fresse
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm

yeah, but my guns loaded! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 12:05 am

I loaded mine once, shot my toe off FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Affraid
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 11:20 am

Just a one thing with that tractor if the hood hinges are good be real careful with them they usually are all broke and very hard to find!! that is a great looking all stock tractor you are going to love it!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:35 pm

i wanna know why he thought the motor locked up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:36 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Just a one thing with that tractor if the hood hinges are good be real careful with them they usually are all broke and very hard to find!! that is a great looking all stock tractor you are going to love it!

I already love it. pulled the lawn sweeper for a couple hours today and this thing is smooth and it feels like it's got power steering. Seems to be a solid old mower. Oh, the hinges are actualy in real good shape, everything on it is in real good shape, been well takin care of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:42 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

He said his boy was using it and it started locking up... FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_scratch I guess he never looked at it. Just took the word of a stupid teenager and you see where that went...

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Lol
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 7:00 pm

JD wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

I already love it. pulled the lawn sweeper for a couple hours today and this thing is smooth and it feels like it's got power steering. Seems to be a solid old mower. Oh, the hinges are actualy in real good shape, everything on it is in real good shape, been well takin care of.

I hope you put a seat on it b4 doin this Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 7:25 pm

He knows he ran it outta oil! When I was 7 I ran my minibike outta oil until it locked up. Couldn't even pull the rope!! When it cooled down it was loose and I put oil in and it was OK. I've done that with a push mower too. Shocked Both were Briggs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 9:19 pm

Gtractor wrote:

He knows he ran it outta oil! When I was 7 I ran my minibike outta oil until it locked up. Couldn't even pull the rope!! When it cooled down it was loose and I put oil in and it was OK. I've done that with a push mower too. Shocked Both were Briggs.

I thought of that, but the thing had oil in it and it looked like it had been in it for a while, but you never know. It doesnt leak oil or smoke so I really don't see it being run out of oil. Hell, who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 9:29 pm

JD wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

I hope you put a seat on it b4 doin this Shocked

Yes Jared I put the seat on it. It came with a ragged ole seat, I didnt have it on yet when I took the pics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 10:29 am

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Tracto16

Got the deck put on and everything working and finally got to try it out. Think I've got a new favorite this week.
This old dog works like new. I can't get over how well everything still works on it and mows great in high gear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:08 pm

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_cry The Sears let me down last night. I was mowing the front yard and started smelling something burnin and being who I am, I kept mowin lol. Finally a puff of smoke came from under the belt cover on the deck. I think the idler pulley pooped out on me. Had to finish with the Homie and the deck settings aint exactly the same so now I've got some really cool stripes in front of the house. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Tracto20
Got the foot operated pto pedal for the sears today. Beats the hell outta fallin outta the seat every time I kick the blades in.

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Tracto21
Hope I mounted it right. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE   FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE
Page 1 of 1