The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Ford tiller

Go down 
AuthorMessage
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Ford tiller Empty
PostSubject: Ford tiller   Ford tiller Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 6:23 pm

I have a 36" tiller on my LGT100........there are 3 chains in the gearbox....one of them jumped off the sprocket...Took it apart and put it back on, but it seems real loose........Question is, is there an adjustment for this?....I don't think I can go with a 1/2 chain link, because it will likely be too tight....I think. I put it back together, but you can tell something is loose in there......

Pretty sure its model #9734....according to the parts list in the manual.
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Ford tiller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ford tiller   Ford tiller Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

Took it apart today....again. There is no way to adjust the sprockets on these things......I think the bottom sprocket bearings have moved slightly....The bolt holes are elongated a bit.....I put a new chain on, it took about 1/2 the slop out of it.......will have to do for now......Fixing those bearing holes will be a winter project I guess.
Back to top Go down

Ford tiller
Page 1 of 1