The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Share | 

Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:07 pm

I was told by the buddy that found me the Homelite that another guy that I've met had pulled a Allis out of the barn and was going to take it to the scrapper. I was told It was the twin to the Homelite. OH boy I found me a hydro unit! WRONG! I got out of the truck and what the heck? A big ten Allis Chalmers. Dirty, but not to bad for being in a barn under a junk pile for twenty years. Seat is the only thing I could find missing. Got to talking to the guy and he said if I din't buy it, it was gettin scrapped. I threw him a 20 and it's mine. I don't know if it's worth 20 whole bucks, but what the heck. LOL!
I gotta go back with the trailer when I get time and drag it home. I'll through up some pics of the pig when I get it home.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:15 pm

You can't go wrong for 20 bucks they are great tractors I believe they were only made in 1965
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:36 pm

Some guys have all the luck lol! I can never seem to find these $20 deals for a quality rider. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you may have bought yourself a Chevy Big 10 pickup...I forgot about the Allis Chalmers Big 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 12:06 am

Evan(PA) wrote:
Some guys have all the luck lol! I can never seem to find these $20 deals for a quality rider. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you may have bought yourself a Chevy Big 10 pickup...I forgot about the Allis Chalmers Big 10.

Plenty of bad luck goes with the good let me tel ya. I've got a jeep engine in the back of the truck I wasted $700 on And $200 in gas And a wasted day off from work AND 800 wasted miles of driving. I guess the luck comes and goes. You get on a roll and then you get screwed for a while and back and forth.
I do know a guy (Gtractor) that I don't think has ever made a bad deal. I hate guy's like that. I'm sure he can make up some story about a deal gone south. lol

I'm happy though. I got the Homelite for 50, Swisher was 20, original for a 100, 20 for the allis and I've only got around 500 in the big Cub and it came with a new 900 dollar snow blade. OH and can't forget ole blue for 150 and have been driving it for a year and aint done a thing to it. I guess I do have some good luck. cheers
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 11:23 am

Evan(PA) wrote:

same here evan i always got to pay pretty big but it's usually something I can't stand not having,how you been buddy haven't talked to you in a while,,,,KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

wish i could get deals like that
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:01 am

Motomow wrote:
Evan(PA) wrote:

same here evan i always got to pay pretty big but it's usually something I can't stand not having,how you been buddy haven't talked to you in a while,,,,KW

Been pretty good KW...haven't bought any tractors in awhile...gotta fix up what I got 1st!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:15 am

I definitly hear that buddy,i've got 4 I really want to redo yet but don't want to buy anymore projects,the red motomower,a round fender sears custom,and 2 porter cables,thats enough to last me a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.   

Back to top Go down

Kinda accidentally bought a Big 10 after work.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1