The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Share | 
 

 brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Eastern Ontario

PostSubject: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 12:14 am

I just picked up this today (I'm stoked):


It has a mower deck and believe it's all there and functional.


Hope no one minds - I don't plan to keep the pin-striping.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 12:17 am

Looks pertty dang straight.
Back to top Go down
stevec



Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-05-31
Location : brockville ontario canada

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 2:02 pm

HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
avatar

Posts : 1226
Join date : 2009-03-02
Age : 50
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 2:15 pm

nice looking tractor!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 2:24 pm

stevec wrote:
HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked
Back to top Go down
stevec



Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-05-31
Location : brockville ontario canada

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 4:41 pm

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked[/quote]

i just seemed stupid to put that chain on the weakest part of the engine case. however it may be o.k. there considering it's been ther for nearly 40 years tongue
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:27 pm

JD wrote:
stevec wrote:
HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked


took me 30 seconds lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
avatar

Posts : 1226
Join date : 2009-03-02
Age : 50
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
JD wrote:
stevec wrote:
HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked


took me 30 seconds lol

she told us lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 9:28 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
JD wrote:
stevec wrote:
HAH! i just noticed something. last week i ended up taking the chain off of the engine and hood thinking 'why would some idiot put that there. i now see it's the proper place for it Laughing i guess it'll go back after i straighten the hinge. Razz

You got good eyes. I had to stair at the picture of moto-breeder's new ride for ten minutes before I saw what your talking about. Shocked


took me 30 seconds lol

she told us lol! lol!



i would say somethin but i better not lol
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Eastern Ontario

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 06 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

None of my other ones had the chain hooked up. I was curious where they were supposed to connect and length.

Not sure I like how it stresses the hinge.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
avatar

Posts : 541
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 31
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 9:11 pm

Cool another moto-mower...you sure seem to find more up your way than there is around here. The one I had 1st didn't have the chain to hold the hood, so you always had to be super careful and gently lower it clear to the ground. The 2nd had the chain, so after seeing where it mounted up I went back and put one on my original Moto. On mine with the Kohler engines, it mounts on the starter generator bracket and goes up to where the hood meets the front grill piece, and dang they are heavy with that cast iron grill.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Eastern Ontario

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Mon 07 Jun 2010, 10:46 pm

Guess it depends on how hard you look.

I was trying to get to Boston to get one - 8 hours each way.
But my stable (garage) is now full.


It's still available if you have a way of getting to it/getting it home.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
avatar

Posts : 541
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 31
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Tue 08 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

Ya way to far for me...plus I don't have the space or cash for another right now. Boston....thats close to Larry, he should pick it up.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Eastern Ontario

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:24 am

Got the moto-mower running.

Added some gas and pulled the cord. Fired up on the second pull.
(Changed the oils, checked for a spark, loosened up the main jet.)


Runs great, but only one mower blade is turning. A task for another day.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1516
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

moto-breeder wrote:
Got the moto-mower running.

Added some gas and pulled the cord. Fired up on the second pull.
(Changed the oils, checked for a spark, loosened up the main jet.)


Runs great, but only one mower blade is turning. A task for another day.

how many motomowers you got MB?
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Eastern Ontario

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 8:35 am

Just 4 - three that are running and one that's missing it's motor.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
avatar

Posts : 541
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 31
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Tue 15 Jun 2010, 12:45 am

moto-breeder wrote:
Just 4 - three that are running and one that's missing it's motor.

Well thats 2 more than I have lol!

Did you ever figure out the deal with the deck? That one has a a deck that has two gearboxes correct? I have the 2 42" decks for mine, which are 3 blade, and both only use one gearbox mounted on the right spindle, and they have a belt that drives the other 2 spindles.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Eastern Ontario

PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   Tue 15 Jun 2010, 8:40 am

I had a small amount of time to investigate. Then my son was gone testing it out.


The deck issue could be simple - there's a sleeve coupler between the shaft and R-H gear box that doesn't appear to be connected. Has a couple set-screws.

I opened the RH gear box and I'm guessing what I see is OK. Lots of heavy grease. No visible movement when I wiggled the blade and the gears look crisp.


Didn't want to take the deck off until I get some pictures of the deck hangers, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)   

Back to top Go down
 
brand new moto-mower (ok - new to me)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 1973 Roper Motomower restoration
» For Sale: Brand new!!!!!! AXO Knee Shin and Elbow Guard!!!!
» Craftsman mower
» Moto-bins shipping to NA
» Tracked Lawn mower

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: