The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Moto-Mower mows

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Moto-Mower mows Empty
PostSubject: Moto-Mower mows   Moto-Mower mows Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 8:01 pm

Got ambitious today. My dad needed his trailer so it was time for the rest of my equipment to come out of hibernation for the year. The little Moto-Mower still needs its fuel pump, so I just pushed it back in the corner for now. My dad decided he wanted to till the garden so we fired up my JCPenney tiller and that got the job done. Then, I charged the battery on my other Moto-Mower and decided to get it going. Started fairly easy for sitting since September and is running pretty good, even though I still want to give it a full tune-up. I had mounted the deck on it last fall for easier storage, so today I thought "what the heck, I'm gonna see how the deck works!" So I put the belt on, added some oil to the gearbox and gave it a shot. Well it definitely has at least one bad bearing, but it does work. I kept it in 1st and went fairly slow, even with the dull blades it cut pretty decent. This deck is more complete than the other Moto-Mower deck I've got, but I'm not sure of the mechanical condition of the other one. This one also has a crack on the center mandrel mounting plate, and probably also could use some new belts. Here's some pics, notice that the way it is setup currently it has no discharge...the plates on both sides are removable. I didn't mow the entire yard, but I did mow with it for a little bit, and you can't really tell the difference where I mowed with it and the Wheel Horse.

Moto-Mower mows IMG_3739

Moto-Mower mows IMG_3740
Back to top Go down

Moto-Mower mows
Page 1 of 1