The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Electric SF video

Go down 
+3
Gtractor
tracktor312
wvbuzzmaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 11:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 11:31 pm

Thats cool. How long you think it will run on a charge?
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 11:54 pm

Cool that trans sounds sick!! is it dry?? nice job will the sheet metal fit or will you have to modify??
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 12:44 am

After I get new marine deep cycles it should run all day long on a single charge.

As for the trans, it was dry before I filled it up. It was quieter without oil I think... I didn't drive it out of the shop without oil if that's what you're asking.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 2:09 am

Oh, and the original sheet metal will fit with no modifications required. Unfortunately the hood won't line up with the stock mounting holes, wonder why that is, gonna have to mess with it some.
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 3:39 am

THAT IS KEWELL!!! I'm reminded of a recent post where someone wanted to put a screamin 2 stroke on a certian Massey to make a lot of noise but not go anywhere. This is soooo much better! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 8:44 pm

Gtractor wrote:
THAT IS KEWELL!!! I'm reminded of a recent post where someone wanted to put a screamin 2 stroke on a certian Massey to make a lot of noise but not go anywhere. This is soooo much better! cheers

no torque lol and this thing is called Power Wheels lol
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 9:34 pm

Yeah want to see pics when its done looks good. What size motor is in it??
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:10 pm

Where did you source the motor from?

I'd like to build an electric tractor for my boys.
I tried using a golf cart motor but the front motor bearing and mount is part of the rear diff housing.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:55 pm

Well, I stole the motor (250 Watt, about 1/3 hp) and throttle from a broken down electric scooter a friend gave me. Then I bought a controller, a key switch, and a circuit breaker from monsterscooterparts.com, and had them 3 days after payment, which they take Paypal. Very Happy Now they also sell complete motor kits (motor, controller, and throttle) and the next one I build I will go with a larger motor set up. I did use chain drive on it (#25 scooter chain) and am very pleased with it. It took a while to locate a #25 sprocket with a keyway and it wasn't cheap, Bought the 20 tooth one for 3/4inch shaft for about 42 bucks shipped. It took 2 weeks for the sprocket to arrive from robotmarketplace.com. It wasn't a difficult build, just drilling holes in the original chassis... Neutral Also, for the throttle I used 3/4 inch copper tubing which is 7/8 inch OD for mounting the scooter throttle on. As for batteries I finally bought a pair of them today, which really made third gear, road terrain only. The batteries I bought were EverStart series 29 deep cycles from wall mart, price of them incuding core charge was $199.28, but well worth the money. I have a friend that goes boating every weekend with a pair of those batteries hooked to a pair of trolling motors in series. He claims he gets about 12-15 hours out of one charge, so should be good deal. My Uncle gave me a 24 volt 10 Amp Hour charger last year so that will be my charging method. My total investment up to this point to convert it to electric is about $300, but I utilized preused electrical parts that dad has accumulated over the years as an electrician, so that really cut my costs. Here are some links to the exact pages to buy the motor kits and sprockets.

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/motor.html (watch out for the chinese ones, I don't trust them lol)

http://robotmarketplace.com/products/sprockets_main_25.html
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 11:39 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Well, I stole the motor (250 Watt, about 1/3 hp) and throttle from a broken down electric scooter a friend gave me. Then I bought a controller, a key switch, and a circuit breaker from monsterscooterparts.com, and had them 3 days after payment, which they take Paypal. Very Happy Now they also sell complete motor kits (motor, controller, and throttle) and the next one I build I will go with a larger motor set up. I did use chain drive on it (#25 scooter chain) and am very pleased with it. It took a while to locate a #25 sprocket with a keyway and it wasn't cheap, Bought the 20 tooth one for 3/4inch shaft for about 42 bucks shipped. It took 2 weeks for the sprocket to arrive from robotmarketplace.com. It wasn't a difficult build, just drilling holes in the original chassis... Neutral Also, for the throttle I used 3/4 inch copper tubing which is 7/8 inch OD for mounting the scooter throttle on. As for batteries I finally bought a pair of them today, which really made third gear, road terrain only. The batteries I bought were EverStart series 29 deep cycles from wall mart, price of them incuding core charge was $199.28, but well worth the money. I have a friend that goes boating every weekend with a pair of those batteries hooked to a pair of trolling motors in series. He claims he gets about 12-15 hours out of one charge, so should be good deal. My Uncle gave me a 24 volt 10 Amp Hour charger last year so that will be my charging method. My total investment up to this point to convert it to electric is about $300, but I utilized preused electrical parts that dad has accumulated over the years as an electrician, so that really cut my costs. Here are some links to the exact pages to buy the motor kits and sprockets.

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/motor.html (watch out for the chinese ones, I don't trust them lol)

http://robotmarketplace.com/products/sprockets_main_25.html

instead hell buy a jap truck lol!
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:18 am

Looks good so far. Better than it just sittin' in the tractor house collecting dust! Now you need to try it with a mower deck lol!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:40 am

Alright guys, I have a new driving video with the new batteries on board. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9by_2nFGbFk

Sorry it's mostly batteries but it requires 2 hands to drive leaving no hands for the camera LOL.

And Evan, I have to swap the tranny out cause I need a good one now more than before. With the new batteries 3rd is too high of gearing for even the most gradual of grades and 1st is just too slow for anything more than a short hill climb lol.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:12 am

Thats great looks good I would think about useing heavier guage wires on the battery though for the amprage draw.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 8:35 pm

tracktor312 wrote:
Thats great looks good I would think about useing heavier guage wires on the battery though for the amprage draw.

I did go bigger than what's on the scooter, which is 14 gauge mostly, and I used 12 gauge wire in all I did. I have checked the wire temperature periodically and no wires are getting hot under long pulls uphill, so I figure it is good to go. Only part getting warm is the motor since I'm using its full RPMs most the time since I have no second, which after a tranny swap next month the problem will be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 8:50 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
tracktor312 wrote:

I did go bigger than what's on the scooter, which is 14 gauge mostly, and I used 12 gauge wire in all I did. I have checked the wire temperature periodically and no wires are getting hot under long pulls uphill, so I figure it is good to go. Only part getting warm is the motor since I'm using its full RPMs most the time since I have no second, which after a tranny swap next month the problem will be fixed.

i was thinkin more like 10
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:07 pm

I was just watchin' your new vid a little bit ago. Looks good with the hood on, and I saw your other Springfield hood and grill sittin there. Also, looks like you got the Gravely out too.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:40 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
I was just watchin' your new vid a little bit ago. Looks good with the hood on, and I saw your other Springfield hood and grill sittin there. Also, looks like you got the Gravely out too.

The thing with driver weighs 500 pounds and now wont pull steep short hills without stalling, may have to upgrade the setup.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:47 pm

time to shed some weight. Start an exercise program, or see if you can make do with 1 battery.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 10:37 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
time to shed some weight. Start an exercise program, or see if you can make do with 1 battery.

24 volts, I need both batteries. Thinking of upgrading to the 900 watt motor kit ($150) but probably well worth it, requires a little modification to what I have already done on motor mounting, but I can set it up with my spare 4 speed unless I hold out for my future 3 speeds... Depends on my motivation level. But I will at least secure the kit before they are sold out.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 11:12 pm

get a 24 volt battery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electric SF video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SF video   Electric SF video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric SF video
Page 1 of 1