The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Sears custom 12Hp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
osenga

osenga

Sears custom 12Hp Empty
PostSubject: Sears custom 12Hp   Sears custom 12Hp Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010, 8:09 pm

Ok guys I picked up a sears custom 12Hp today at the Junk yard I go to . sad looking thing ! Well it was missing the hood and grill > got it home and found out the rearend wont move . tried to sh@! it it is 2nd gear and the shifter lifted out of it . so I am looking for a parts break down of this whole thing going to tear it all down and redo it and have to find a hood and grill . and on motomow there is a manual for the sears 16hp is that the same in all other than motor ???? I have not looked at this motor much yet other than the mounting of it and looks to me as if they use the same mouting holes as a cub and is this correct since I have one in the garage waiting to be mounted in some thing

PLEASE HELP THIS OLD MOWER BACK TO LIFE LOL>>>>
Back to top Go down
osenga

osenga

Sears custom 12Hp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sears custom 12Hp   Sears custom 12Hp Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010, 9:29 pm

just came in from the shop . Since i thought i would play around and see if the motor ran , had to do some quick wireing since there was no switch , just used a toggle switch and a push button start . Well now for the bad part . the starter grenator turns ok and smooth snd not sure about the motor since there is no belt , so now i need to know what size and how long does it need to be . you know how mad you can get when you over look the small stuff . and the manual on the motomow site for this mower dont show nothing with starter/genator
Back to top Go down
Gtractor
Regular Poster
Gtractor

Sears custom 12Hp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sears custom 12Hp   Sears custom 12Hp Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 1:45 am

I don't have any answers for ya but here is a good site all about Sears tractors, maybe it will help

http://vintagesearsgardentractors.com/
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Sears custom 12Hp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sears custom 12Hp   Sears custom 12Hp Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 11:47 am

osenga just take a piece of string and go around where the belt goes and then measure the string. Any auto place should have a belt to match. heres another good site and if you scroll down they have a belt conversion chart.

http://sears.pammar.net/

Also post pictures it should be a 10 hp if its a custom the 12 hp were suburbans.
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

Sears custom 12Hp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sears custom 12Hp   Sears custom 12Hp Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 11:54 am

Also try here for the hood and grill if it isn't listed send him a message he has tons of parts and he is a great guy.

http://myworld.ebay.com/foxhole333&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sears custom 12Hp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sears custom 12Hp   Sears custom 12Hp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sears custom 12Hp
Page 1 of 1