The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Got it done Dan's rare Collection.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Empty
PostSubject: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 11:20 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 12:08 pm

That is an awesome little collection! I thought for a second that he had the same Springfields I did, they looked in the same condition as mine!! I will have one real solid all stock, all original Springfield when I restore it, and all others repowered, one will have new paint is the difference. my forth Springfield will be a little different, cause I, like KW, can't stand to have my tractor look like everyone elses, so I will make the last Springfield I have backwards. lol!

But in Dan's collection there I see three solid Springfields, and those are all good restorations, and one looked to have a newer engine. I can see he uses that one, so I can picture wider, grippier tires for it in its future, lets just say one of mine can expect it. lol!

Definitely an awesome collection, give that guy a cigar, or time to paint. lol!
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 12:39 pm

Also, that one you had no clue on is a rare one, definitely, cause I have one, it is a Gilson, or a Burns, they went by many names I think Evan knows the other one??? But here is a pic of mine, it is a 1967 Gilson M-7, mine has a 74 B&S repower, but just the same, it's cool, rare, and worked....

Got it done Dan's rare Collection. M-7_up10
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 2:09 pm

wvbuzzmaster wrote:
Also, that one you had no clue on is a rare one, definitely, cause I have one, it is a Gilson, or a Burns, they went by many names I think Evan knows the other one??? But here is a pic of mine, it is a 1967 Gilson M-7, mine has a 74 B&S repower, but just the same, it's cool, rare, and worked....

Got it done Dan's rare Collection. M-7_up10

holy crap buzz didn't know ya even had that one,I really like those. KW
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 3:08 pm

I had to make sure my collection wasn't missing anything after looking at Dan's collection. lol!
I like the Gilson M-7, it is a real animal. It is a lot like a Springfield, only a whole lot beefier setup. First time I ducked my head under mine I saw this big ole cast iron wishbone front axle support!! Basicly it keeps the front axle from wobbling as it goes accross rough ground. I also saw gussets and all sorts of stuff under there. Definietly meatier than I woulda guessed, has practicly the same chassis as a Springfield if you factor out the additional gusseting. Last I rode my M-7 it died... and I couldn't get it to restart cause the starter belt died right after that... So that is on the repair list... which keeps getting longer... iI think I am down to 3 machines I can just get on and start em... had about 6 that would do that right before going into winter..... I do not hypernate my tractors either, they volunteer for it....... Mad
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 6:45 pm

Wow! I really enjoyed that one....I really hope this guy comes on the forum so we can talk to him. Looks like he has a Moto-Mower 6025 also, as well as many other cool Moto-Mowers. I too love that Massey Executive though. They are so rare...I have only seen 2 on ebay, and both were the 7hp model...that one looks to be the 8hp model. And like Casey mentioned, the one you weren't sure about is either a Gilson or Burns, but I've also seen that same tractor badged as a Commander 600, and I know I've read somewhere that they were also manufactured under the Penncraft and possibly Wards names too. Very interesting collection. That Jacobsen looks like it has a pair of Moto-Mower fenders sitting on the back KW. Any idea where Dan is from?
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 6:52 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
Wow! I really enjoyed that one....I really hope this guy comes on the forum so we can talk to him. Looks like he has a Moto-Mower 6025 also, as well as many other cool Moto-Mowers. I too love that Massey Executive though. They are so rare...I have only seen 2 on ebay, and both were the 7hp model...that one looks to be the 8hp model. And like Casey mentioned, the one you weren't sure about is either a Gilson or Burns, but I've also seen that same tractor badged as a Commander 600, and I know I've read somewhere that they were also manufactured under the Penncraft and possibly Wards names too. Very interesting collection. That Jacobsen looks like it has a pair of Moto-Mower fenders sitting on the back KW. Any idea where Dan is from?

nah ev he just sent pics nothing else,I emailed him but never have got anything back yet. KW
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 6:56 pm

All thanks to me KC lol i told u to buy that one right? lol
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 6:58 pm

i want the B-207 Smile
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 8:13 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
All thanks to me KC lol i told u to buy that one right? lol

Ya, but you had help, a tip off from john that that was what I wanted to hear, so no, you don't count. lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 11:42 am

Dan emailed back.

Thanks for the picture postings looks great. The one you called a simplicty is a 716 Allis, the orange and white with yellow wheels is a Jacobson first year I think, cause it has a teuchumse 7 in it. This just a sampling of tractors. When I get the chance I'll get photo's of my friends stuff, he likes the rare ones Bush Hog, Page, Sheppard, Minne Moline, old old Bohlens,Porter Cable, Farmette, and several cool ones I can't think of the name. His brother specializes in Case and Springfield. Just to let you know the lawn tractor nationals are coming to Findlay Ohio the first weekend in Aug. 7 years ago when we held this show we had 1100 lawn tractors. we are expecting about 200 more this time, which would reset the record we held. & nbsp; Glad to hear Dan
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 8:09 pm

Motomow wrote:
Dan emailed back.

Thanks for the picture postings looks great. The one you called a simplicty is a 716 Allis, the orange and white with yellow wheels is a Jacobson first year I think, cause it has a teuchumse 7 in it. This just a sampling of tractors. When I get the chance I'll get photo's of my friends stuff, he likes the rare ones Bush Hog, Page, Sheppard, Minne Moline, old old Bohlens,Porter Cable, Farmette, and several cool ones I can't think of the name. His brother specializes in Case and Springfield. Just to let you know the lawn tractor nationals are coming to Findlay Ohio the first weekend in Aug. 7 years ago when we held this show we had 1100 lawn tractors. we are expecting about 200 more this time, which would reset the record we held. & nbsp; Glad to hear Dan

Ok, kinda confusing to read, but I think I figured it out. I will have to go to that show this year with a mess of stuff I have and meet Dan, his friend, and that brother of one of them, if I read all that right. Might even run into some people I know depending where in Ohio this Findlay is.
Back to top Go down
Evan(PA)
Post Addict
Evan(PA)

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:20 pm

That sounds like an awesome show! Might have to try and work that one into my schedule. I did a quick search to see if I could find out any more info, but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I checked to see where Finlay is too, and it looks like its in the NW corner of Ohio, south of Toledo, and near Lima. Its about a 4 hr. drive for me.
Back to top Go down
wvbuzzmaster
Admin
wvbuzzmaster

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 11:01 pm

Evan(PA) wrote:
That sounds like an awesome show! Might have to try and work that one into my schedule. I did a quick search to see if I could find out any more info, but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I checked to see where Finlay is too, and it looks like its in the NW corner of Ohio, south of Toledo, and near Lima. Its about a 4 hr. drive for me.

Sounds like it could be about a 6 hour drive for me... and I will see one familiar face there. Not a bad deal. KW, you planning to go to the show too, probably about an hour and a half from you.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010, 12:15 am

I just may go guy's and yea buz i'd say i haved the shortest distance so no excuses for me lol..KW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got it done Dan's rare Collection.   Got it done Dan's rare Collection. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got it done Dan's rare Collection.
Page 1 of 1