The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

Just My luck!!

Go down 
+3
poncho62
moto-breeder
Motomow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:21 am

Man I can't get a break!!,gave my kids my 5hp 2 stage snowblower because every year for the past 3 years i've been using my neighbors snow blower.She would let me put it in my garage and the deal was I kept it to do both her and my driveway.Well this year she has decided to keep it and her and her sister are going to do it.Now I have nothing lol.I'm sure they are a little peeved at me because their niece screwed me on the 222 case I bought for her (long story) I let her have it on credit and she paid about 1/3 on it,I had to repo it so they are not happy.They might better get over it real quick i've always kept there stuff running and cut her grass for the past 3 summers,I just might be telling them to fix there own equipment and cut there own grass if they keep it up,trust me I will be fine they on the other hand could be paying some hefty repair bills if they keep messing with me lol,KW
Back to top Go down
http://www.motomow.com
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 4:03 pm

Just an opinion - find a way to make amends and a way to move past this. It could be that both you and your neighbour have only one side of the story. Find a way to talk. Regardless of the facts (money spent / costs) feelings are real and not as tangible.

My belief is that kindness will win in the end. Most people are good and as you look back, will see that reflected on the balance sheet. I have a litany of examples. On the other hand, some people are takers and will confuse kindness with weakness.

Sometimes the meanest thing you can do is be nice. What did you do when your child said "I hate you"? If they are good people, they'll figure out who to believe. If they are not, then you can hold your head high, you did the right thing.

Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
moto-breeder
Regular Poster
moto-breeder

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 4:12 pm

On the up-side, you now have room in the stable for a Moto-Mower snow thrower Very Happy

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-garden-Snowblower-W0QQAdIdZ159996624
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 9:14 pm

Long drive to Ottawa though.......lol

About the neighbors/friends and money deals....Been there done that....Seems I was always the one to let it go........Doesn't make you feel any better about it.
Back to top Go down

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 11:08 pm

Moto-breeder, you said it, but if being nice and trying to work through it don't work you could take one of your bigger mowers, say one with a twin cyl engine and put a pair of straight stacks on it (2" pipe works good) and mow your yard after 10pm about 3 times a week wide open and very slow can work too. Well, maybe not, but it sure made me feel better. Anyway, what ever you do remember that they are your neigbors and it sucks living next to some one when you can't stand each other. I know, I've been dealing with neighbors from hell for 15 years. Now you know how Cub Kong got started. Oh yeah, one thing that makes me feel better is when we get a big snow I'll blade every drive on both sides of the street but one. I giggle the whole time.
Just thought i'd put in my 2 cents worth, as wronge as it might be.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
johnboggs21

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 11:42 pm

If ya take JDs advice make sure ya invest in some earplugs
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

there would be no LOL in there for me. thats just like a woman, boy she sure showed you. some people are just plain dumb. she does know that her niece didnt pay you right. Find her a newer used MTD to mow with, its only worth about 1/4th of the case anyway, I dont think they deserve a case.
I mean they are not worthy of a real garden tractor / any brand.
Back to top Go down
whirly

whirly

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 12:31 pm

Moto...since they did pay u 1/3....I'd find an oldie....like a 8 hp MYD job with a 30 inch deck.....give that to them instead......lol
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:20 pm

moto-breeder wrote:
Just an opinion - find a way to make amends and a way to move past this. It could be that both you and your neighbour have only one side of the story. Find a way to talk. Regardless of the facts (money spent / costs) feelings are real and not as tangible.

My belief is that kindness will win in the end. Most people are good and as you look back, will see that reflected on the balance sheet. I have a litany of examples. On the other hand, some people are takers and will confuse kindness with weakness.

Sometimes the meanest thing you can do is be nice. What did you do when your child said "I hate you"? If they are good people, they'll figure out who to believe. If they are not, then you can hold your head high, you did the right thing.

Merry Christmas.

we are talking moto she was just over yesterday,not a big deal to me i'll find a snow blower,i'm not mad at anyone but you got to do sometimes what you gotta do,her niece wouldn't pay for the case I had to repo it just the way it is if anyone is mad over that then oh well,I can't lose $500 to keep the peace and I won't Didn't charge hwere a dime over what I had to pay even hauled it 30 miles and cut her grass Ive done enough. I didn't get it on credit either I had to pay cash for it,I didn't even need it or want it ,it's was a big favor fo0r her and I got screwed in the end KW'
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:22 pm

poncho62 wrote:
Long drive to Ottawa though.......lol

About the neighbors/friends and money deals....Been there done that....Seems I was always the one to let it go........Doesn't make you feel any better about it.

like I said poncho she is the one that needs to get over it and before spring,I will do just fine, if her mower messes up she will be the one in trouble lol. KW
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

JD wrote:
Moto-breeder, you said it, but if being nice and trying to work through it don't work you could take one of your bigger mowers, say one with a twin cyl engine and put a pair of straight stacks on it (2" pipe works good) and mow your yard after 10pm about 3 times a week wide open and very slow can work too. Well, maybe not, but it sure made me feel better. Anyway, what ever you do remember that they are your neigbors and it sucks living next to some one when you can't stand each other. I know, I've been dealing with neighbors from hell for 15 years. Now you know how Cub Kong got started. Oh yeah, one thing that makes me feel better is when we get a big snow I'll blade every drive on both sides of the street but one. I giggle the whole time.
Just thought i'd put in my 2 cents worth, as wronge as it might be.

Very Happy

I definitly try to get along with everyone,just like one other neighbor bought a freezer off me let him have it on credit he paid $20 for 2 weeks then quit he got the freezer for $40 he owes me $60 haven't talked to him since,I figure neighbors like him are worth the $60 to not have to deal with, money well spent LOL.
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:29 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
there would be no LOL in there for me. thats just like a woman, boy she sure showed you. some people are just plain dumb. she does know that her niece didnt pay you right. Find her a newer used MTD to mow with, its only worth about 1/4th of the case anyway, I dont think they deserve a case.
I mean they are not worthy of a real garden tractor / any brand.

I 've done a lot for the woman,put together stuff for her,fix stuff,sold her car,It's not a big deal to me,never charged her a dime for anything,never expected anything in return either,I definitly do not owe her anything!!.I think that what does get under your skin tho,she is mad at me for her niece not paying for the tractor?? geez man how can that not irritate you LOL KW
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:31 pm

whirly wrote:
Moto...since they did pay u 1/3....I'd find an oldie....like a 8 hp MYD job with a 30 inch deck.....give that to them instead......lol

I'm not helping her niece with nothing!! don't care if she has to cut her grass with scissors!!.You wouldn';t believe the crap I got from her in the begining she was a christian,always paid everyone she knew was a very honest person man i'm a sucker !! lol she wasn't even hot!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:39 pm

[b]I will tell you guys what makes me feel bad tho,the niece asks for the $200 and got it from her aunt (neighbors sister) telling her I would give the $200 back.My neighbors sister is the one getting screwed in the end because I know good and well the niece will never give the money back.I was actually going to give the $200 back until I got the tractor and it was in such horrible shape.I sold the case to my other neighbor for $300 in the shape it was and broke even I did not make a dime on anything so it's hard to feel to guilty.Trust me the hassle was not worth it,had to travel another 30 miles to pick it back up to,it was not a profitable experience actually lost not breaking even KW
Back to top Go down
ohmar99
Post Addict
ohmar99

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:42 am

its the same lady with the car you were selling
Sorry guys but if it were me and I was not married I would have to make them work it off, maybe a 3some, what would you do Johnny.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:21 pm

ohmar99 wrote:
its the same lady with the car you were selling
Sorry guys but if it were me and I was not married I would have to make them work it off, maybe a 3some, what would you do Johnny.

whoa easy now. idk bout that mature stuff lol
Back to top Go down

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:23 pm

Boy did this post take a sudden turn or what. lol!
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 9:10 am

I think we will need to see pictures now..........and, not of tractors....... affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Admin
Jared Olson for SO IL

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

poncho62 wrote:
I think we will need to see pictures now..........and, not of tractors....... affraid lol!

Well idk wat a canadian old woman looks like lol!
Back to top Go down
Motomow
Admin
Motomow

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 12:48 pm

[b]would have rather had the money guy's not hot enough to take out in trade LOL
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:55 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:

Well idk wat a canadian old woman looks like lol!

Just like anywhere, Jr....Women get older, men get more distinguished............. lol!

Motomow wrote:
[b]would have rather had the money guy's not hot enough to take out in trade LOL

I hear ya, buddy.........a woman can look great, but if she's a b****, it don't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just My luck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just My luck!!   Just My luck!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just My luck!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: