The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tractor of the week: December 5th Tyler Rowe With His Awesome Massey.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  www.motomow.com  

need 916 help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
osenga

osenga

need 916 help Empty
PostSubject: need 916 help   need 916 help Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 7:09 pm

wanted to get my tire chains on my 916 it has the kohler in it . and when i went to move it . it will not start. it turns over strong and from the plug to the plug wire i have good spark to . and just cant figure out why it wont fire up. Is this the points condesor coil pack please help me before this white stuff shows up to where i will need it
Back to top Go down
poncho62
Post Addict
poncho62

need 916 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need 916 help   need 916 help Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:07 pm

You need 3 things for an engine to run......spark, fuel , compression

You have spark from the coil.......Pull the plug and make sure it is firing at the tip of the plug...Better yet, get a new plug anyways.

If you have spark, spray a bit of gas down the carb and crank it. If it fires momentarily, you are not getting gas...Carb may be plugged......

That just leaves compression....do a compression test
Back to top Go down
tracktor312
Posted on by 1K
tracktor312

need 916 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need 916 help   need 916 help Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:36 pm

yeah do what poncho says then if that fail check to see if A valve is stuck seems pretty common on the kohlers I have had 3-4 of them this year I remove the head clean it good loosen the valve and they run great .
Back to top Go down
osenga

osenga

need 916 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need 916 help   need 916 help Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:45 pm

well come to find out i had fresh and good fuel flow to carb and rebuilt carb about a mounth ago and this motor has 95 lbs of compression cold and took time and kept looking at the spark and decided it was not hot as i thought so i put a new plug in it and the same way. so I pulled the plug wire off the spark plug and out of the coil and found the half of the end that goes in the coil was rusted off so cleaned up that in the coil and put a new wire on it and . Once again she is running strong . on the first good snow we get i will post a pic of them out working . Thanks for your help and thanks alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need 916 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need 916 help   need 916 help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need 916 help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Moto-Messenger Garden Tractor Forum. :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: